Pediatric physiotherapist assists in early detection of health problems and uses a wide variety of modalities to treat disorders in the pediatric population.
The therapists are specialized in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of infants, children, and adolescents with a variety of congenital, developmental, neuromuscular, skeletal, or acquired disorders/diseases. Treatments focus on improving gross and fine motor skills, balance and coordination, strength and endurance as well as cognitive and sensory processing/integration.
Our Pediatric Physiotherapist, Kanu Kaushik, treats a wide range of pediatric physiotherapy conditions, including the following:
- Spinal Deformities.(Idiopathic and congenital Scoliosis, Scheuerman’s disease, postural kyphosis, back pain in children)
- Neuromuscular Conditions.(Cerebral palsy, Spina bifida, hypotonia)
- Gait Abnormalities.(Toe walking and other abnormal gait patterns)
- Rehabilitation after Orthopaedic Surgery and Trauma.
- Brachial Plexus Injuries.
- Hip Conditions.(Developmental dysplasia of the hip, Perthes disease)
- Premature Infants.(Dystonia, asymmetric tonic neck reflex)
- Syndromes Affecting Motor-Development.(Down Syndrome, Arthrogryposis, muscular dystrophy, developmental delay)
- Knee Conditions.(Osgood Schlatter disease, Chondromalacia patella, Osteochondritisdissecans, Sinding Larsen syndrome)
- Juvenile Arthritis.
- Asthma, Cystic Fibrosis.
- Rett Syndrome
Pediatric physiotherapy benefits children and their families and their caregivers in a number of ways. The therapy promotes activity and participation in everyday routines and increases functional independence for the child. It’s going to aid in better motor development leading to better mobility. Combined these benefits can aid in the daily caregiving of these children.
If you have a child in need of pediatric physiotherapy in Bangalore why not give a call. We can arrange an assessment and develop a plan moving forward. Call Physio Mantra For Kids Team at +91-9886330012 and book an appointment today.